What a QR Code can do
A QR code
is a type of 2D code with a wide range of uses, including displaying text, initiating e-mail or SMS text messages, opening a browser on a mobile phone that leads to a specific web site, and track the download of an audio track or video stream. All these activities have potential applications for marketing and advertising.
- Display text: send information to a mobile phone. Example information is a coupon, a promotional announcement, or a location.
- Initiate e-mail: send an e-mail that is prepopulated with text.
- Initiate an SMS message: display a message with an instruction or suggestion for action.
- Initiate a browser session: link directly to a specific web site home page, and track who visits the site and what they do while there.
- Initiate a download of an audio file or video stream: provide information or entertainment directly to the mobile phone handset.
One important thing to remember is that since the content will be viewed on a mobile phone, it may be necessary to adjust the graphic display and amount of text accordingly.
<< Back to Qr Code newsletter