QR code findings
Last November, the advertising firm of Austin & Williams Unplugged conducted a survey to determine how aware consumers are of QR codes.
The survey was conducted using both online and offline methods and included 400 respondents. Most respondents were adults aged 25-54 living in the United States; 41% were male and 58 female.
Here are the findings of the survey:
- 52% of respondents had seen or heard of QR codes.
- 28% had scanned a QR code with their mobile phone
- 33% of respondents stated they “almost never” scanned a QR code.
- More than 40% had seen a QR code in these plac¬es: on the Internet (40%); printed on ads (48%); printed on brochures (45%); in newspapers or magazines (45%).
- 62% scanned a QR code to go to a web site; get information or a coupon (30% each) or get contact information.
- 6% said that use of the QR code led directly to a sale.
The findings of this survey confirm that though it is still early in the development of QR codes for advertising, public perception is rising.